A compact, lightweight standard zoom lens: high resolving power combined with outstanding maneuverability to be the perfect partner for PENTAX full-frame digital SLR cameras
Despite its compact, highly maneuverable body, this versatile zoom lens is designed to accommodate the image circle of a large full-frame image sensor, thanks to the adoption of state-of-the-art optics and high-performance optical elements. When mounted on PENTAX 35mm full-frame digital SLR cameras, it delivers high-resolution imaging power as an ideal everyday-use lens.
- Standard zoom lens covering most frequently used ranges
- This standard zoom lens accommodates the image circle of a 35mm full-frame image sensor, and covers focal lengths between 28mm wide angle and 105mm medium telephoto. By incorporating the latest optics and a number of high-performance optical elements, it retains a sufficient brightness level even at edges of the image field, while effectively compensating for various aberrations. It delivers high-resolution images by optimizing the imaging power of PENTAX 35mm full-frame digital SLR cameras. Its compact, lightweight body and excellent cost performance make this lens a perfect regular lens.
- Excellent image description, complementing the full-frame digital SLR camera performance
- In its 15-element, 11-group optics, this zoom lens incorporates two high-precision aspherical optical elements, one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical element and one anomalous-dispersion glass optical element, to deliver bright, sharp images with minimal chromatic and spherical aberrations. Since its optics is designed to assure ample resolving power for the large, high-pixel image sensor, it produces well-defined, fine-detailed images.
- HD Coating to improve image description
- This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures higher light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images that are free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
* HD stands for High Definition.
- Quick-Shift Focus System
- This PENTAX-developed system allows for flawless, delay-free switching from autofocus to manual-focus operation, after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
- Weather-resistant construction
- This lens features a dependable weather-resistant construction with eight sealing parts to effectively prevent the intrusion of water into the lens interior. Paired with a weather-resistant PENTAX digital SLR camera body, it creates a durable, dependable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings — even in rain or mist, or in locations prone to water splashing or spray.
- Other features
- ・SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease.
・Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources.
・Built-in DC motor to assure smooth, quiet, high-speed autofocus operation
- 【MTF Chart】
- MTF Chart
- MTF Chart